link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Dec 28 Images

Bob May wrote:

> FWIW, the BMP images all read like the below:
> ÿþ< h t m l > < b o d y   l e f t m a r g i n = 0   t o p m a r
> g i n = 0   s c r o l l = n o >   < e m b e d   w i d t h = 1 0 0 %
> h e i g h t = 1 0 0 %   f u l l s c r e e n = y e s
> s r c = " h t t p : / / w w w . z e t a t a l k . c o m / t e a m s /
> r o g u e / D e c 2 8 - 1 . B M P " > < / b o d y > < / h t m l >
> That ain't BMP but rather HTML code disguised by the spaces.
> This also indicates to me that I'm not going to be looking at any
> more of the images from the website because of the possibilty of
> them being virus code instead.

How did you find this?  I looked at the bitmaps I downloaded a
few days ago, as well as the copies in my browser cache, and
find only normal bitmaps with normal contents.  In particular,
I don't find an HTML page containing the Dec28-1.BMP, but only
the bitmap itself, linked from:

  http://www.zetatalk.com/teams/rogue/shavas22.htm

In any case, HTML can't be virus code.  If it could, *every*
web page would be potentially dangerous.  And the HTM you quote
is certainly innocuous.

  -- Jeff, in Minneapolis