link to Home Page

Re: Question About Zetatalk

CalneCrusader wrote:
> Isn't it incredible how much of this news group is dedicated to arguing
> about Zetatalk.
>
> I wonder which is more unusual, Nancy's outlandish claims or the thousands
> of scientists shouting her down. She has done an incredible job as a little
> old lady to create such a stir in the field of astronomy. Of course her
> claims are hogwash, but what is even funnier is the amount of websites
> created by scientists to prove her wrong!

Nobody can deny that she caused a lot of 'waves' ... ;-)

> Why do so many of our greatist astronomers waste so much of their time
> attacking Nancy's cult? Is that what the taxpayer wants you to spend your

I always prefer to believe in the good core of humans, so
I'll tell you why both sides spread their story (from my
poin of view of course ;-):

1.) The Nancy defenders want to warn people from coming
    cataclysms so all may have a better chance to survive.

2.) The 'others' want to prevent those people believing
    in Nancy from making a *big* mistake (which could be:
    selling your home, investing in survival stuff, or whatever).

I strongly believe both parties act out of the sincere
wish to protect 'you' (better: everybody) from harm.

Hence I think they're *all* honorable people which just
happen to have a different mind of what will happen in
the future.
They wanna warn you of something, they *care* for *you*!

That it a *very* nice conclusion, isn't it?!

Frank