link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Messenger's CHOICE

Sarah Mc (sarahmac@hotpop.com) wrote:

>>> Nancy knows as well as everyone on sci.astro that Planet X
>>> doesn't exist. She wouldn't dare take out HER retirement money
>>> and spend it on such foolishness.

Jeff Root replied:

>> I disagree with this.  The fact that Nancy moved to Baraboo,
>> Wisconsin is a very strong clue that she believes the pole shift
>> is coming,

John Jones replied to Jeff:

> Lame argument.

Is it?  How so?

> It is also a Very Strong Clue [TM] that it's cheaper to live in
> Wisconsin that in California.

Is it?  How so?  How is the fact that Nancy moved to Baraboo,
Wisconsin "a Very Strong Clue [TM] that it's cheaper to live in
Wisconsin [than] in California"?

If the fact that it is cheaper to live in Wisconsin than in
California is relevant, then Nancy must either have a pile of
money saved up so she can live off the savings, or she expects
a flood of income from Z-business, or she got an exceptionally
good job offer in Baraboo, because wherever the cost of living
is lower, income is generally lower, too.

Basically, though, I presented a highly likely set of possible
reasons for her move (namely, to avoid earthquakes, tsunamis,
and large population centers), while you presented a single,
rather unlikely possible reason.

  - Jeff, in Minneapolis