link to Home Page

Re: (to Nancy) Planet-X Position

Bill Nelson <billn@spock.peak.org> wrote:
> Nancy Lieder <zetatalk@zetatalk.com> wrote:
>>       Following this I am given a vision of a house in what
>>       seems to be a hot, desert like place, with a dry wind
>>       blowing. I am told this will occur in the late spring or
>>       early summer of the year 2003. The earth will be
>>       hot and still. I can see in the vision that there is a red
>>       glow over everything. I am told that there will be
>>       crop failures, worldwide, due to drought, for 3 years
>>       in a row at this time.
>
> Funny. That drought should have started in the year 2000. It didn't.
> Matter of fact, this winter is a completely normal winter here in the
> Pacific Northwest.

You might know that Holland is a ice-skating nation (fast-skating on
circular tracks), we usually get a good crop of medals, and in fact
i can see an ice-track where real contests are held from the window
of my living room.

We have a tradition here, called "koek en zopi", you know what that
means? probably not: it means that in little villages (or bigger ones)
they sell a thick green soup with meat and some vegestables (hmmm,
yummy!), and/or a warm clear sirup tasting like lemon, and/or saucages
(the large ones -sold in halves- from the factory with the even reddish
color, not the German ones which are thinner and more brown/yellow)
ON THE ICE. Ppl skate relatively long distances on the waterways or
lakes (along the borders of the lake a track is cleared from snow),
which are frozen on most winters. Then, after some rounds on a lake,
or getting to a village, cold, and with the wind everywhere, you
stumble to the little stand where they sell the stuff and you goop
it warm down together with the other skaters. Funny way of having
fun maybe.  This stuff is suposed to be done proporly on "viking"
skates, the long skates with the shoe a good distance above the iron,
the good skaters have the high variety, the ppl who aren't that good do
it on the low. Still others have other skates, but those are not ideal.

Now you guess what i did a couple of days ago. It is winter, isn't it?
In a short t-shirt and short trousers, i took my race-bike on a 30km
spin. I *do* have a long race-trousers, and i *do* have long sleaves,
but i didn't thought they were going to be necesary. I just took an
extra t-shirt with me, since, after all, it was winter (should i add
emphasis?). This was the day *after* the really warm day, where we had
17 degrees and it felt positively like summer/late spring (to me). I
put on my extra t-shirt at 3/4 of my route when the sun came down,
had i gone the day before im sure that wouldn't have been necesary.

The viking company hasn't sold comercial (outdoors) skates for over
5 years (virtually) so the manager told in a national enonomy program
(updates about stocks through the day etc), they only sell sports-skates
for on ice-tracks. They have an enormous amound of unsold skates in
their magazines now, the comment was "if you are a in agriculture, you
can just change what you grow, with skates it is not possible to change
what you make".

Everything is normal? Try telling that the viking company.

In other news, fresh vegestable prices have risen with 25% here.

regards,
jos