link to Home Page

Re: Planet-X, Why "Look Around"

In Article <3C3E469C.21D567C3@zetatalk.com> Nancy wrote:
> In Article <3C3D03DF.6090209@telocity.com> Open Minded wrote:
>> See my updated web page:
>
> The Zetas object is NOT in your Palomar images.  In the image
> called "Nancy's" there are TWO dots, one LARGER than
> the Palomar (and how could that be, in that all other dim
> objects are SMALLER in the 20 minute CCD than the 45
> minute Palomar CCD), and one just above the Zeta object
> but smaller. Look closely.

I've copied the images Open Minded has on his web site, where he points
to an EXISTING small dot and states that the new large blob, the Zeta
object is that.  This is on my web site
(http://www.zetatalk.com/usenet/use90407.htm) and I've drawn triangles
to show that:

 1. the existing dot is on the older Palomar, also
    on the recent CCD from January 5, at the
    SAME ANGLE from the neighboring stars.

 2. there is an ADDITIONAL blob on the recent
    CCD, and the triangle drawn between neighboring
    stars to THIS blob is DIFFERENT, location and
    placement is different.

 3. I've left an untouched copy of Open Minded's
    images, also, so one can see this clearly, as
    drawing the triangles overlays data beneath
    the lines.