link to Home Page

Re: I Spoke to Nancy Online and all I got was this Lousy T-Shirt!

Stig Bull wrote:
> I went to the Zebratalk channel on IRC Saturday to see
> what was up. It was actually quite amusing, I asked why
> "they" so obviously flunked in astronomy and physics
> and wham, the channel got moderated and I (as the
> only one), was not allowed to speak. So, either "they"
> were extremely cranky (perhaps it was that time of the
> month?), or critical questions were not tolerated.
>
> Anyway, Nancy thought I was a Michael Cunningham
> (why didn't the almighty Zebras foresee who I was?)
> after I asked the question.

Because Nancy is not a Zeta.  I’m a dummy, like you,  a mere human.  It
was I, NANCY who thought that.  I’m an old lady and no longer have that
time of the month, Stig, and those who were cranky with you were the men
in charge of the session.  If critical questions are not tolerated, then
what the heck am I doing here on sci.astro? Having fun?

The recently established weekly Live ZetaTalk chats on IRC are to answer
questions ON the Agenda, so that something other than chaos can
rule.  A bit like a talk show where the subject is outlined and those
interested can sit in the audience or be on stage or tune in.  But Stig
wants ATTENTION!  (Used to lay on the floor and scream and kick until
his mother responded, but now his mother won’t have anything to do with
him anymore.) You too, can get your questions on the agenda and the
focus of Live ZetaTalk, but please respect what others have to go
through and don’t be an ass. The range of questions addressed during the
past 6 weeks and the resulting ZetaTalk can be surmised from the current
What’s New page (http://www.zetatalk.com/index/z03.htm). Questions in
general are guided by the form used to submit questions, as follows:

- Don't attach graphics or photos or long dissertations or your life
  history. They will not be reviewed.
- Don't ask the Zetas, via Nancy, to respond to personal problems or
  questions. No personal counseling is done.
- Coordination of survival groups or introductions between interested
  parties is not done.
- Questions posed to the Zetas are not generally answered unless of
  broad interest or for a broad public audience.
- Please use the search engine to locate your subject within ZetaTalk
  before asking Nancy.

Everyone is invited, but is asked to be considerate of those giving up
their Saturday afternoon or evening to discuss matters they have taken
the time to GET on the Agenda. Apparently, Stig  (Afermio, below) threw
a party that Saturday night and NO ONE CAME, so he decided to ruin
everyone else’s Saturday night. Lying on the floor and screaming and
kicking doesn’t do it anymore.  Slashing tires out in the parking lot
gets him the wrong kind of ATTENTION, so now he’s acting like a grownup,
or so he thinks.
Here’s what the page introducing these chats state (a link off the
ZetaTalk home page, the Live ZetaTalk link.)

    Agenda: Questions should be submitted via the Contact
    Nancy and will be selected based on their relevance to
    issues the Zetas deem important or the broad base of
    interest in a particular subject. Obviously, personal
    questions of interest only to an individual will not be
    selected.

And here’s dear Stig, who apparently cannot read, asking questions
ALREADY ANSWERED in ZetaTalk or on sci.astro etc. But that’s not his
point.  His point is that if HE can’t be the center of attention by his
own dear sweet self, then by gum, he’ll go slam doors and make noise!
Then he can complain he was kicked out of the room!  ATTENTION, at last!

Session Start: Sat Dec 15 15:50:51 2001
(NancyL) OK, it's on the hour, almost, I'm going to start.
(NancyL) To remind the audience, questions NOT on the agenda cannot be
interjected.  They will be ignored.
(NancyL) Please wait until an answer has been completed and I indicate
ready for "followup questions" before asking them.
(Afermio) How come they flunk in astronomy and physics?
(S7L) Afermio: please, we would like to keep this channel non-moderated
(Jurian) Afermio: relevant, related questions only please.
(NancyL) ZT: WE do not flunk, it is the ridgid humans who flunk.  Did we
not call it on the solar magnetism issue?
(Afermio) Ah, so, I ask one follow-up question and that's all of a
sudden wrong now?
(NancyL) If you're unaware of this issue, check the sci.astro debates.
Zetas RIGHT Again! big time :-)
(Jurian) No, it just doesn't have anything to do with the current
question
(Afermio) Oh, and what about hale bop?
(Afermio) The little ahem, supernova??
(DavidS) Afermio - ask question according to the questions Nancy answers
(NancyL) Hale Bopp WAS a nova in 1995, had NO comet emissions.
(Afermio) A nova and a comet are two very, very different things
(Jurian) Ok, anyone asking non-related stuff is gonna get their ability
to talk removed. We have an agenda for a reason.
(Afermio) And what about "visible to the naked eye in 2001" which now is
"computer aided visible to the naked eye?"
(NancyL) Aftermio is Michael Cunningham, no doubt :-)
(Alexey) Afermio - it's not in agenda
(DavidS) Nancy - Aftermio is skeptic Norwegian person
(NancyL) Your DNS is not visible to the naked eye, an object viewable at
an observatory, BY your eye, is.