link to Home Page

Re: Honest Question...Poleshift and the Pyramids...Pole/Axis Shift in Cayce Quotes

David Paterson wrote:
> Nancy Lieder wrote:
>> David Paterson wrote:
>
>>> I'm not sure how Mercury's magnetic field was measured,
>>> but I suspect it was by Mariner 10.  ...
>
>> I found some reference in a book that Mariner 10 passed
>> by Mercury several times in 1974 and 1975.  Also, the
>> surface indicates volcanic activity in the past, indicating
>> a liquid core at one time.  The statement was made that
>> Mercury's magnetic field is only 1% or so the strength
>> of Earth's.  Nevertheless, they line up and point in the
>> SAME direction.
>
> Can you post references to papers, articles or sites that give
> details of the direction of the magnetic field of Mercury
> and other planets and moons?

What I found during a brief web search was that Mariner 10 indeed
measured Mercury's field in 1975, and that Surveyor was to determine the
orientation of Mars in 1996.  The only result on Mercury's orientation
is in my Astronomy 101 book, stating that it points in the same
direction as Earth's.  I could find no statement on which direction
Mars points to, but the image on the page mentioned below IMPLIES this
same direction too - Mars viewed from the side, with a graphic of the
magnetic field alongside this photo.

Mariner 10
Courtesy of NASA's National Space Science Data Center
http://www.solarviews.com/eng/marin10.htm

    Mariner 10 ...  Instruments on board the spacecraft were
    designed to measure the atmospheric, surface, and
    physical characteristics of Mercury and Venus.
    Experiments included television photography,
    MAGNETIC FIELD, plasma, infrared radiometry,
    ultraviolet spectroscopy, and radio science detectors. ...
    Mariner 10 reached Mercury on March 29, 1974,
    passing over the planet at 705 kilometers (438 miles)
    above the surface. A second encounter with Mercury
    occurred on September 21, 1974, at an altitude of
    about 47,000 kilometers (29,200 miles). The sunlit
    side of the planet and the south polar region were
    photographed. A third and last Mercury encounter,
    at an altitude of 327 kilometers (203 miles), occurred
    on March 16, 1975. About 300 additional photographs
    were obtained along with MAGNETIC FIELD
    MEASUREMENTS.

Mars Global Surveyor
Courtesy of NASA's National Space Science Data Center
http://www.solarviews.com/eng/survey96.htm

    The Mars Global Surveyor is designed to orbit Mars
    over a two year period and collect data on the surface
    morphology, topography, composition, gravity,
    atmospheric dynamics, and MAGNETIC FIELD ...
    All instruments except the magnetometer are stored
    on the nadir equipment deck ... A magnetometer/electron
    reflectometer sensor is attached to the end of each
    solar array ... A magnetometer will be used to
    determine whether Mars has a magnetic field, and the
    strength and orientation of the field if one exists.