link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Atomic Clock Manipulation!

In Article <d9st7.44066$OW.9725297@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> They're all networked together, and use the Navy clock
>> as the touchstone.
>
> Incorrect; no single atomic clock is used as a "touchstone".
>
>> WHICH clock issues the radio signal that adjusts atomic
>> clocks?  The Navy's master atomic clock.
>
> I presume that the "adjustments" you're referring to are
> the leap seconds.

No, I'm referring to the many clocks and watches sold to the public as
"atomic clocks" when all they really do is periodically tune into the
radio signal sent out by the Navy from Fort Collins, per my posting on
this very same thread on the very same day I posted what you're replying
to.  Since the Navy is broadcasting this for manufacturers, and these
products are sold worldwide, they are the touchstones.

    Franklin F12-6 series analog clocks are designed to
    receive the radio time signal (WWVB) emitted by
    the U.S. Atomic Clock located at Fort Collins,
    Colorado.  Once received the exact hour, minute, and
    second are displayed with spring / fall corrections
    addressed automatically.

    These atomic clocks and atomic watches have a built
    in receiver that synchronizes them with the U.S.
    atomic clock in Fort Collins, Colorado.
        http://www.radiocontrolledclock.com/atzeitradcon.htm

Likewise, the Navy became the clock master of the world early in the
past century (1900's) and retained this dominance.  THIS is why the
official atomic time to be used by all countries would be the Navy
time.  They dictate, by tradition and agreement or whatever.

    The present Master Clock of
    the USNO is based on a system of some 60
    independently operating cesium atomic clocks ... On
    the basis of this computed time scale, a clock
    reference system is steered to produce clock signals
    which serve as the USNO Master Clock. The clock
    reference system is driven by a hydrogen maser
    atomic clock. ... In 1904, a U.S. Navy station
    broadcast the first worldwide radio time signals
    based on a clock provided and controlled by the
    Observatory.
        http://maia.usno.navy.mil/eo/leapsec.html