link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Atomic Clock Manipulation!

In Article <qGst7.44073$OW.9737010@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> And the Earth's rotation based on star sighing IS slowing
>> down. I found that International Earth Rotation Service
>> [http://maia.usno.navy.mil/] gives a table showing the
>> Earth slowing data (Delta T) from January 1972 to January
>> 2001 (monthly). In January 1, 2001 the slowing was
>> 64.0908 seconds.
>
> That's simply the accumulated time difference between
> atomic time and universal time.  When atomic time was
> adopted in 1972, the accumulated difference was set to
> 32 seconds, so in the 30 years since then, we've added
> about another 30 leap seconds, for a long-term average
> of one second every year.  We're currently below that
> average.

This is speeding up. Per data gathered directly from the Navy Earth
Rotation Service shows the increase.  If in 1972 the differed was 32
seconds, then the 64.0908 seconds reported by NOW does not seem
excessive.  BUT, the RATE is increasing!

    In January 1986 the difference ... was 54.87 seconds.
    In January 1, 2001 the slowing was 64.0908 seconds.
    The International Earth Rotation Service also updates
    these data weekly. Thus I was able to incorporate in
    this plot the slowing data including June 1 of 2001.
    ... The very recent data from the International Earth
    Rotation Service show numbers which allow
    calculating Delta T for June 13, June 14, and June 20
    of 2001:

      June 13, 2001, Delta T = 64.208477 seconds
      June 14, 2001, Delta T = 64.208550 seconds
      June 20, 2001, Delta T = 64.209395 seconds

    So, the CHANGE of Earth slowing during one day was
    0.000073 second or 73 microseconds at that time; the
    change during one week was 0.000918 second or
    918 microseconds. This very small daily change is
    very hard to measure with common time devices.

        Troubled Times, Earth Rotation Service page
             (http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tworx385.htm)