link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Atomic Clock Manipulation!

In Article <AULs7.40561$OW.8943312@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> Nancy Lieder writes:
>> As atomic clocks can be updated at will by the Navy,
>> worldwide, no one except the Navy is aware of any
>> manipulation there.
>
> Balderdash; the Navy has no control over atomic clocks
> in other countries.

They're all networked together, and use the Navy clock as the
touchstone.  WHICH clock issues the radio signal that adjusts atomic
clocks?  The Navy's master atomic clock.  And if the major observatories
are agreeing to keep mum about the inbound Planet X, you think the few
holders of those monster atomic clocks worldwide would not adjust the
DIALS indicating what time is was, officially, in keeping with the Navy
line?  A quote from a posting by someone on our tt-watch mailing list.
Note the phrase "THE ATOMIC CLOCKS RUNNING BY THEN [1950] IN THE
TIMEKEEPING INSTITUTES HAD BEEN NETWORKED TOGETHER TO CONSTITUTE AN
EXPERIMENTAL ATOMIC TIME SCALE TAI." They then thereafter became
UN-networked?  Sure.

    It was recognized in the early 1900s that the Earth was
    slowing down and that the usual time scales were also
    affected by this. Eventually, two different time scales
    came into use: Ephemeris time ET, which was derived from
    the observed planetary motions and was as uniform as
    possible at that time; Universal time UT which was derived
    from the rotation of the Earth. Of course, ET and UT began
    to drift apart as expected.

    In the 1950s the first atomic clocks were built, and it
    was decided that the planned atomic time scale should have
    as its basis an "atomic second" which was as close to the
    (uniform) ephemeris second as possible. It took a few years
    of comparing with astronomical observations until it could
    be decided that one atomic second should be equivalent to
    the now familiar 9192631770 oscillations of the cesium atom.

    The atomic clocks running by then in the timekeeping
    institutes had been networked together to constitute an
    experimental atomic time scale TAI. TAI was then chosen
    to replace ephemeris time ET, but since TAI was initially
    only experimental, no effort had been made to synchronize
    it exactly with either ET or UT (that is, TAI and ET were
    running at the same rate, but the offset was not clearly defined).
    To rectify this, the TAI scale was defined to have exactly
    coincided with UT on January 1 1958, 0h. Since the difference
    between UT and ET at that time had accumulated to 32.184s,
    adding his amount to TAI gave ET, so that (TAI+32.184s) was
    a time scale that smoothly continued ET. Call TAI+32.184s
    TDT, and you have the official atomic time scale in use today.