link to Home Page

Re: Nancy Leider, Anti-American, etc

Jon Kvebaek wrote:

> Nancy Lieder <zetatalk@zetatalk.com> writes:
>>
>> Now, how was I, Nancy, to know that?  More on how, by attacking JP
>> Morgan affiliates, the US elite would suffer ahead of the European
>> elites.
>
> Silly bint.  Bin Laden has investments throughout Europe and other
> places - and you think a single account in one bank constitues proof
> of your farfetched right-wing ideas?  Neither you or your imaginary
> friends seem to have any grasp of international finance (or reality
> for that sake).

Uh, Bin Laden is reported to have inherited the equivalent of $300
million US.  It is simply inconceivable to me that you could hide this
amount of money.  In the US our banking laws have been written
specifically to take into account that a banker has the ability (and
obligation) to know a lot about a client.  That is because if you walk
into the bank every single day with a $3000 to $5000 cash deposit and
periodically make off-shore wire transfers for a significant amount of
money, it does not take a brainiac to figure out that you are doing
something illegal.  If the banker simply looks the other way and says to
themselves "well, I have no proof, so I'm not going to say anything"
they are still violating US law, and if they get caught are gonna be
looking at a money laundering charge.

Bottom Line: you cannot "hide" $300,000,000.  The drug dealers can't do
it, the mafia cannot do it, the CIA cannot do it, and neither can Bin
Laden.

> You may have noted that the attack has *not* gained the European
> markets either, as your loony theory suggests.

Well, maybe, maybe not.  Using derivatives and options one can make
money regardless of the *absolute* direction of the market, particularly
if you have advance knowledge of a likely direction.  The only people
who really lose out on this are ordinary people like you and me.  I have
been watching my retirement account disintegrate for quite some time now
but there is nothing I can do about it.  So while *my* account is down
by 50% (and frankly, I'm one of the lucky ones) I notice that the
brokerage houses and banks seem to be holding it together.