link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Cannot be a Brown Dwarf

In Article <WN4n7.13462$Eu4.570969@weber.videotron.net> Greg Neill wrote:
> In Article <3B9C9B09.98DEE788@zetatalk.com> Nancy Lieder wrote:
>> In Article <h6el7.21587$v%4.2197577@news20.bellglobal.com> Greg Neill wrote:
>
>>> In order to convert gravitational potential energy
>>> into radiation of some form (heat, light), you need
>>> a dynamic process involving friction.  A contracting,
>>> rotating gaseous body fulfills this requirement.
>
>> The Zetas wish to respond.
>>     Fine, then Jupiter fulfills your mythical Brown
>>     Dwarf by being a gaseous planet.  If a Brown
>>     Dwarf can be 10 time Jupiter's size, then
>>     Jupiter must give off SOME of the friction
>>     and heat and light you are hypothesizing!
>>     Does it?  NO!  As we said, end of silly
>>     dialog on this mythical explanation.
>>         ZetaTalk™
>
> Jupiter *does* emit more radiation than it receives
> from the Sun.  More information on this can be found
> at (for example):
> http://www.nineplanets.org/jupiter.html
> A relevant quote from that page:
>        "Jupiter radiates more energy into space than
>         it receives from the Sun. The interior of Jupiter
>         is hot: the core is probably about 20,000 K. The
>         heat is generated by the Kelvin-Helmholtz
>         mechanism, the slow gravitational compression
>         of the planet. (Jupiter does NOT produce energy
>         by nuclear fusion as in the Sun; it is much too
>         small and hence its interior is too cool to ignite
>         nuclear reactions.)"

The Zetas wish to repond.

    So multiply Jupiter's little heat emissions by 10 and
    you have a Brown Dwarf, detectable from a vast
    distance as your dwarf counting missions are
    currently doing?  The challenge was to explain how
    FRICTION in a gaseous body could, to use your
    word, "convert" friction within a gaseous body into
    heat and light.  If this is the MECHANISM, then
    Jupiter should emit 1/10 of what a Brown Dwarf
    10 times Jupiter's size emits!  Does it?  NO! You put
    forth a quote saying Jupiter is not cold as a stone.
    That did NOT meet the challenge.  As we said,
    Greg, end of silly dialog on this mythical explanation.
        ZetaTalk™