link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: Magnitude (Revisited)

JTRIV wrote:

> Well of course, if Nancy didn't revise herself after events happen, how could she
> claim such high accuracy in her predictions?  LMAO
>
> From reading her tt groups it is obvious that quite a few people are realizing
> that Nancy is full of bull. Questions are being asked, lame answers given and the
> people that question are basically being run off. How dare they question Nutty
> Nancy! She only seems to have a handful of believers left, and wow, those people
> are crazy!

Yeah, kind of like many of the people posting in sci.astro...  The point
is that it is not a moderated group discussion so anybody can join,
including Michael, who clearly is "not a supporter".

These groups are divided into the curious, the believers, the crazies
and the disinformation artists.  Funny, it is kind of like the rest of
the internet...

> Unfortunately there are still crazies that pop up to join Nancy (think we've seen
> one here the last couple of weeks).
>
> Clear Skies
>
> Jim
>
> Michael L Cunningham wrote:
>
>> For example, in TT Watch they are now discussing whether or not to rewrite
>> part of ZetaTalk since Nancy has written that food shortages would start
>> to be wide spread due to crop failures 3 years before the closest passage of
>> her planet. Since it hasn't happened yet, the suggestion was presented that
>> she should rewrite it to fit what is being observed currently.
>>
>> --
>> Michael L. Cunningham
>> e-mail bogeystar@earthlink.net
>> web site http://home.earthlink.net/~bogeystar/

Well, Michael, my news server only caches every other posting it seems
so I cannot respond to this as an original.  But I cannot help but
respond.

What exactly are you talking about?  I went to the TT Watch web site and
looked around at the discussions and could not find any evidence of a
"discussion whether or not to rewrite part of ZetaTalk".  References
please?  Links?  After all, its all public and on the web.

As far as crop shortages, this is well known and the presence of a
world-wide drought has been the subject of news reports for months now,
even appearing on US network TV.

Afghanistan is simply starving to death which is the REAL reason the
Taliban is acting so crazy - they are desperate to keep the populace
under control and are sending the message "if we go this nuts over
friggin statues, imagine what we will do to you if you make too many
demands?".

Sub Saharan Africa is undergoing Yet Another Round of Starvation, the
only difference being that Bono is not writing any new songs about it.
Aid agencies are being overwhelmed with the need and simultaneously
being prevented from any reasonable action because of the incredible
increase in violence almost everywhere on the continent.  People are
dying, but "fortunately" they are doing so quietly so as not to disturb
our western sensibilities.

China is suffering wide spread crop failures.  India is swinging back
and forth between crop failure and flooding.  The North West US is
undergoing the worst drought in memory with reservoirs and rivers at all
time lows.  The Ukraine, the bread basked of the old USSR is suffering
crop failure and drought.

The problem with food shortages is clearly affecting most of the world
by population, and if you lived in some of these places you would feel
the affects directly.  It has as yet to affect the more affluent
westernized countries (US, Europe) for several reasons:

1) We could really care less if half of the world starves to death, just
   as long as they do not do it on our door step.  (Because if we did give
   a damn, when the Taliban contacted western governments through back
   channels in a desperate aid request, we might have actually sent them
   some *food* instead of $1.5 million to preserve the Buddhist statues.)

2) Most of western agriculture depends on irrigation and we have Great
   Big Machines to suck all of the water out of the ground to put on our
   crops.  If you read the newspapers, even casually, you cannot help
   reading about all of the stories as to how so many of our aquifers are
   being sucked dry and water problems will come on us all of a sudden.
   After all, everything is Just Fine up until the day the well goes dry...

3) We really do have stores of grain from years past.  These stores are
   dwindling, but not empty.  The agriculture industry has seen good years
   and bad *before* so this particular decline is not causing alarm bells
   to go off.  Been There Done That.  Since very few people are looking at
   the "global picture" it is easy to ignore.

4) Most of our grain is fed to animals.  We could stop doing that and
   eat all of the animals, dramatically increasing the effective
   productivity of our agriculture.  This, ironically would have the short
   term effect of decreasing prices for meat as meat producers would
   decimate their stocks because they cannot afford the grain.  I think it
   is almost criminal that we take one of the best sources of vegetable
   protein (soy) and feed it to cattle.

5) The news media is composed of people.  Upper middle class people, who
   have an E320, or a Lexus, a large mortgage on a house in the suburbs,
   2.1 children and a dog.  If starvation and crop shortages affect other
   areas in a way that is safe (i.e. not likely to suddenly show up in
   their neighborhood) they will report on the conditions (like famines in
   Africa in the '80s).  However if they see it coming home to roost (so to
   speak) in their own back yards, be it because of "global warming" or PX,
   or just overpopulation, they are not going to be making a big stink
   about it all out of a clear self interest in their own preservation.  No
   sense raising undue alarm and causing panic and hoarding.  The fireman
   will put out the fire in your house only until his own house starts to
   burn.  The cop will protect your house from robbery up until someone
   breaks into his own.  Reporters are no more or less righteous than cops
   or fireman.

So the bottom line is that we have built in a great deal of what
economists call elasticity in our western food production which protects
us from price fluctuations and obvious shortages.  However all of the
warning signs are there predicting the fact that we are increasingly
sensitive to a sudden collapse on many simultaneous fronts.  To see
these warning signs all you have to do is read the newspapers or look on
your favorite news server.

There is an enormous amount of denial and avoidance of the issue.  This
means that nobody is planning on the inevitable, so what is going to
happen is that failure will hit western countries SUDDENLY and seemingly
"out of nowhere".  Well, it is not out of nowhere, it is just that the
elastic will suddenly snap.  It is just that it will be HERE and not
THERE.

So you can argue PX or not PX, global warming or no, or just too many
human beings, but the data on world wide crop shortages and failures is
overwhelming and frankly obvious.  I'm not going to provide links
because it is just too easy for someone to find them for themselves.
Unless the data suddenly changes, it is only a matter of time, and it
won't be too long a time either.

The Small Kahuna