link to Home Page

Re: Pole Shifts vs Ice Ages (Revisited)

In Article <e58d56ae.0108241906.17fc925b@posting.google.com> Alfred Einstead wrote:
> I read Hapgood in detail.

Indeed, and I'm impressed :-)

In Article <e58d56ae.0108241906.17fc925b@posting.google.com> Alfred Einstead wrote:
> My primary criticism of Hapgood is that instead of
> assembling the data in dramatically visible graphic form,
> and providing similar visual or graphic representations
> of the reconstruction, there were nothing but wordy
> descriptions interspersed all throughout the book.
> Like he didn't want to assemble the big mosaic for fear
> of what he might (not) see. It would be a lot easier and
> more convincing to see all the data lined up in clear,
> consistent and complete and graphic form to see what the
> data is ALL actually saying.  To see the big picture.
> That's my take on Hapgood.

I visited the site J William Dell located and found such
graphics done up.  This really brought home what the data is saying.  A
picture, worth a thousand words, etc.  I've also heard that Einstein
espoused Hapgood's sliding crust theories as most plausible explanation,
and that when Einstein died, he was found to have been reading
Velikovsky's book Earth in Upheaval at that moment.  Einstein and
Velikovsky were friends, played chess together, I've heard.

Indeed, the idea of having our world turned upside down (literally) is
distressing.  This is why the Troubled Times group, composed of hundreds
of individuals who have taken the message the geology of the Earth is
screaming at us, and the current Earth changes (weather, increasing
volcanism and quakes, magnetic diffusion) seriously, are considering
what a guy is to DO.  The nonprofit arm of Troubled Times has produced a
booklet (http://www.zetatalk.com/nonproft/00014006.htm), free to the
public and also available as a PDF, on the gist of what the hundreds of
folks who put together the Troubled Times web site have come up with -
don't be in brick buildings or along the coast when the shift hits,
distill your water afterwards as volcanic dust and upheavals can cause
lead poisoning, remember that bears get big and fat eating bugs and so
can you, etc.