link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: VIEWING, Restated

In Article <20010824165332.00765.00008354@mb-mq.aol.com> EJ Ketol wrote:
> OK, OK, after all you smarta**es are done snickering, the
> info given on the infamous Planet X leads to a possibly good
> Physics question. This thing is supposed to be a brown dwarf,
> and its radiative maximum wavelength is in the infrared region,
> appearing as bright as magnitude 2. Is it reasonable that the
> spectral distribution of radiated light from it is such that it would
> appear at magnitude 11 in the visible range? That is, could
> intensity at some visible wavelenghth be 9 magnitudes fainter
> or 3954 times less (2.51^9), than at some infrared maximum?
> (You get to pick the wavelengths, and be fair about it!)
> There are some laws about blackbody radiation and spectral
> distributions, if only I could dig out that old Physics book.......

   Now this is science!
      ZetaTalk™

And while you're at it, EJ, here's an question I thought very worthy
that got ignored on May 28th (under the thread Planet X: MAGNITUDE
Clarification 2 ) and again on June 29th (under the thread Planet X:
PASSAGE Magnitude), so am again restating it. The Zetas have stated
that at the point of passage, Planet X will be 14 million miles from
Earth.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Documentation on the last passage of Planet X, during the Jewish Exodus,
shows that Planet X is quite bright, while passing between the Earth and
Sun. The Zetas have provided information on the Entry Angle page
   (http://www.zetatalk.com/science/s31.htm)
that resulted in a diagram of the passage at the Point of Passage page
   (http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03y.htm).
This shows Planet X not quite halfway between the Earth and Sun.
So what would the apparent magnitude of Planet X be:
- given that is 4 times the diameter of Earth, smaller obviously
  than the Sun
- given that it is about 2/5 of the way to the Sun, in distance
  from Earth
- given that the Sun is considered to be magnitude 4.85, and
  Planet X during passage would be (EJ's Challenge, above)

Does this compute? Is this in line with the following documentation
gathered during the last passage?

    The Mishna of Rabbi Eliezer, edited by H.G. Enelow
    in 1933, states that during the Jewish Exodus, (wherein
    the slaves were able to escape their Egyptian captors,
    old ladies and lame among them, due to some very
    distracting situation), on the last night in Egypt, the
    head of the celestial body [i.e. passing comet] was
    AS BRIGHT AS THE NOON ON THE DAY OF THE SUMMER SOLSTICE.

    In Pliny's Natural Hitory, "a terrible comet was seen
    by the people of Ethiopia and Egypt, to which Typhon,
    the king of the period, gave his name; it had a FIERY
    APPEARANCE and was twisted like a coil, and it was
    very grim to behold; it was not really a star so much as
    what might be called a BALL OF FIRE." It is depicted
    as an IMMENSE GLOBE (globus immodicus) of fire,
    also as a sickle, which is a description of a globe
    illuminated by the sun, and close enough to be observed
    thus. Its movement was slow, its PATH WAS CLOSE
    TO THE SUN. Its color was bloody: "It was not of fiery,
    but of a bloody redness."
        Worlds in Collision, by Velikovsky

To those who would state that this was indeed a comet, not Planet X, I'd
point out that comets don't cause pole shifts, but the last passage DID.

  ABC News, July 15, 1999
    The change to today's arid climate was not gradual, but
    occurred in two episodes — ... and the second 4,000
    to 3,600 years ago, according to a paper published
    today by the journal Geophysical Research Letters.
    ... A team of researchers headed by Martin Claussen
    of Germany's Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact
    Research analyzed computer models of climate over
    the past several thousand years. They concluded that
    the change to today's desert climate in the Sahara was
    triggered by changes in the Earth's orbit and the tilt
    of Earth's axis. ... Earth's tilt was 24.14 degrees,
    compared with the current 23.45 degrees, and the point
    in the Earth's orbit that is closest to the sun occurred
    at the end of July, as compared with early January now.