link to Home Page

Re: Pole Shifts - Should We Care?

In Article <NbWc7.19$k7.326@reggie.win.bright.net> Thomas McDonald wrote:
>> 1. the mammoths were frozen solid, please deal with
>>    DID NOT THAW thereafter
>
> The high-arctic areas involved had then, and have today,
> permafrost beneath a thin active layer that thaws in the
> spring.  Permafrost, Nancy, permafrost. (Please note that
> your version, with repeated "flash freezing" events, also
> depends upon there having been a consistent permafrost from
> ca 50,000 years ago until today. ...)

Please note that mammoths found frozen and in fresh condition are dated
RECENTLY, from 3-4,000 to 10,000 years ago. The Discovery Channel Jarkov
mammoth is estimated to be 20,000 or 23,000 years old.  At the time of
their entombment, the permafrost WAS NOT even frozen, else they would
not have become encased in it.  Something happened to
    1. bring water upon them, as they were frozen in ice
    2. freeze this water whereby it did not thaw thereafter.

A shifting crust, with the type of flood tide that occurs during such
time, would
    1. flood the relatively low-lying sea elevation of Siberia in water
    2. move the crust north so that this became never melting ice

Reuters, July 23, 1999

    An adult woolly mammoth mummified 23,000 years ago
    under Siberia's frozen tundra will be dug out of the
    permafrost and may one day be cloned, an international
    team of scientists said on Thursday.