link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: ALTERNATIVE Garbage <= THOLEN! 4

In Article <hRf17.26488$WI.7961506@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
> danco@pebble.org writes:
>> What were the approximate J2000 RA/DEC coordinates
>> for 2001 KX76 at time of discovery?
>
> ] K01K76X* C2001 05 22.22320 16 16 06.12 -19 13 45.6      19.0 R 807
>
> The orbit is quite indefinite at this stage.  Just a one-month arc.

If I read this correctly, it is
   RA     16 16 06.12
   Dec   -19 13 45.6

and the Zeta coordinates for Planet X on July 3rd are
   RA      4.96112
   Dec    15.74311

so this “reddish” object (which are two dots) that NASA wishs
astronomers of the world to peer at and look for MORE just objects that
might be “planet sized” (which they’d then get to name and get lots of
attention for, as Hale and Bopp did, thus be disinclined to mention that
one of them appears to be an inbound smoldering brown dwarf) is

   RA    12 degrees to the left
   Dec   34 degrees to the south

> In Article <hRf17.26488$WI.7961506@typhoon.hawaii.rr.com> David Tholen wrote:
>> On the opposite side of the sky.

Not exactly 180 degrees away!

Disinfo and confusion already, David!  Tisk.  By the by, David, as an
astronomer in Hawaii, do you get employed in any way by NASA?  Are you
associated with the NEAT program?  As a professor, a phD, are you in
line to become one of their Principal Investigators?  Have you been one
of those in the past?  I asked these questions before, and you ignored
them.