link to Home Page

Re: Planet X - Why is it Moving so Fast?

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001 02:34:36 GMT, Vencislav <some@internetProvider.net> wrote:
> I don't have formulas on top of my head to calculate
> the position and time needed for a planet/comet
> to come close to the Earth and Sun from a distance
> which is 9 times that of Pluto-Sun, but it seems to me
> that less then 2 years is to short.
> I don't think that Planet X can prevail the distance of
> 9 x 40 a.u. = 360 a.u. for about 2 years...
>
> Any ideas on this question?

Taking data from a 'Distance Table' found at this URL,

      http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/Tword03a.htm

and calculating a 'Velocity' column from the given data
points, shown at the bottom of this note, one finds an
approximate speed of about 2000 miles/second at the time PX
allegedly penetrates the ecliptic, passing some 37 million
miles from Earth's orbit, according to this URL:

      http://www.zetatalk.com/science/s31.htm

I can't quite fathom what kind of orbit PX has at this
moment, but a straight-line 2000 miles/second is about 7
million miles per hour and at the distance it is allegedly
passing Earth, that amounts to about 10 celestial degrees
per hour of movement, excluding the effect of Earth's
rotation.

A couple of comments:

1) BOY!  IS THAT SUCKER EVER MOVIN'(allegedly)!

2) Since the solar system escape velocity is supposed to be
   about 10 miles/second (54,000 feet/sec, according to NASA at
   http://www.hq.nasa.gov/office/pao/History/conghand/traject.htm),
   isn't PX, moving at 200 times this value, according their
   own data, going to just hyperbolize itself right on through
   us, practically ignoring the Sun's immense gravitational
   pull?

JJ
N 24* 13'
E120* 39'