link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: MAY Coordinates [OT]

In Article <3AF9A552.B74F6172@research.bell-labs.com> Ken Cox wrote:
> Again, the nature of the object doesn't matter.  If
> Nancy says it's magnitude 2 (or 11 or 7 or whatever
> today's lucky number is), then that means it has a
> certain brightness, whether it's a star light-years
> away, a light bulb just across the street, or a planet
> somewhere between.

And you can see them ALL, presumably, no matter what their distance, no
matter what the limitations of your eye may be re color spectrum, no
matter what your equipment is set to use as a trigger, or what intensity
of light is required to register an image in this equipment.  Did you
see the last Mar's probe, then, when it disappeared, got lost?  Can't
find it?  Surely it reflected sunlight.  Too small you say?  Your scope
does not zoom, to magnify, so it would be too small?  Not enough light,
from such a tiny object, to register on your equipment?  I thought this
didn't matter!