link to Home Page

Re: Planet X: MAY Coordinates

In Article  <m3zocmv4kl.fsf@renttu.lnet.lut.fi> Mika Yrjola

In Article QKyK6.14695$g61.1144801@e420r-chi1.usenetserver.com> S.Welknelk wrote:
> That is correct. And irridium (an element not indigenious
> to earth) is found in these layers and well documented in the
> scientific literature. Thus the scientific conclusion is these
> layers result from periodic asteroid impacts which may or
> may not be the case. Another possible explanation for these
> irridium layers would be massive bombardment of the
> earth's atmosphere by extraterrestial particles such as the
> debris accompanying a large, roving celestial body passing
> close by the earth. Ferritic particles would be oxidized in the
> earth's atmosphere turning them deep red. Of course, since
> no such large, roving celestial body has ever passed close
> by the earth, according to esteemed science and contrary
> to ancient eyewitness accounts, then it must be a moot point.

No Sheep, these! I profer the following quotes to add to Mr. Welknelk's
comments.

Earth in Upheaval, The Carolina Bays
    Peculiar elliptical depressions, or oval craters, locally
    called bays, are thickly scattered over the Carolina
    coast of the United States and more sparsely over the
    entire Atlantic coastal plain from southern New Jersey
    to northeastern Florida.  These marshy depressions are
    numbered in the tens of thousands and, according to
    the latest estimate, their number may reach half a million.
    The larger bays average 2,200 feet in length, and in
    single cases exceed 8,000 feet.  A remarkable feature of
    these depressions is their parallelism:  the long axis of
    each of them extends from northwest to southeast.
    These oval depressions may be seen especially well in
    aerial photographs.  The swarm of meteorites must
    have been large enough to hit an area from Florida to
    new Jersey.

Earth in Upheaval, The Floor of the Seas
    The bottom of the seas and oceans also contains
    evidence that the earth was showered with meteorites
    on a very large scale.  In many places the bottom consists
    of red clay.  Samples of the red clay from the central
    Pacific showed a surprisingly high content of nickel and
    also a high content of radium, though the water of the
    ocean is almost completely free of these elements.  The
    clay is red because it contains ferruginous (iron)
    compounds.  Meteoric iron differs from iron of terrestrial
    origin in its admixture of nickel.  Nickel is a very rare
    element in most terrestrial rocks and continental
    sediments, and it is almost absent from the ocean waters.
    On the other hand, it is one of the main components of
    meteorites.