link to Home Page

Re: Hi Nancy :-))

In Article <9brt5t$144$1@news1.xs4all.nl> Jos wrote:
>  (btw, I actually heard on discovery-channel that Einstein
> "himself" felt `electrified' when he heard the idea of the
> moving crust from a friend!...

That perhaps would be Hapgood.  I’ve read that Einstein espoused
Hapgood’s theory of a sliding crust as the only logical explanation.
From a quote on the Troubled Times site:

    "I frequently receive communications from people who wish to
    consult me concerning their unpublished ideas," Einstein
    observed. "It goes without saying that these ideas are very
    seldom possessed of scientific validity. The very first
    communication, however, that I received from Mr Hapgood
    electrified me. His idea is original, of great simplicity, and - if
    it continues to prove itself - of great importance to everything
    that is related to the history of the earth's surface."
    (From Einstein's foreword (written in 1953) to C. H. Hapgood,
    Earth's Shifting Crust: A key to some basic problesome basic
    problems of Earth Science, Pantheon Books, New York 1958,
    pp. 1-2)