link to Home Page

Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti

Article: <6kfsnc$604@dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti
Date: 27 May 1998 02:10:52 GMT

In article <6kfkak$ge3@news.Hawaii.Edu> Dave Tholen writes:
>> I located in a book that the Moon is 3,476 km in diameter,
>> is 400,000 km from the Earth, orbits in a sidereal month in
>> 27.32 days, and the Earth is 13,528 km in diameter
>
> That book contains at least one error.  The Earth isn't that big.
> It may contain a second error, depending on whether the
> distance of the Moon was intentionally rounded off to only
> one significant digit

That's it?  That's your contribution to this whole discussion of
whether the human orbital mechanics formulas can be placed side by side
with human gravity formulas?  YOU'RE QUIBBLING ABOUT A ROUNDED NUMBER
WHEN THE ISSUE IS A FUNDAMENTAL INABILITY TO BRING YOUR MATH TOGETHER
ON ONE PAGE!!!!! Come on, Dave, I knew you sliced stuff into small bits
in order to deal with it, but this is kind of .. well .. embarrassing!

In article <MPG.fd50136ce1a0849989705@news.connect.ab.ca> Paul Campbell
writes:
>> How fast would 88 trillion metric tons fall to Earth, at any
>> speed?
>
> Anybody want to take a stab at this? I say the moon is going
> as fast as the speed which any speed is. :-)

That's it?  You can't address the serious assertion that YOUR ORBITAL
MECHANICS AND GRAVITY FORMULAS CAN'T BE PLACED SIDE BY SIDE but you can
joke around?  So, Paul the clown, you're admitting what the Zetas say
about your math, being incapable of being put on the same page as true?
I'll accept that.  Please note, world, Paul has capitulated.