link to Home Page

Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti

Article: <6iop1r$5v0@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Challenge to Jim Scotti
Date: 6 May 1998 04:30:51 GMT

In article <6ijesk$aif@news.Hawaii.Edu> Dave Tholen writes:
> I see you're now changing your argument.  Before, it was
> the cometary gases that were responsible for making them
> miss the Sun.  Now it's the solar wind.  Do make up your
> mind, Nancy.  How do you expect anybody to believe you
> when you keep changing your explanations?

Let me refresh your memory, Dave, the Zetas said, about comets and
solar wind:
       Repeating comets are attracted to the Sun, are heading
       for it, but miss due to the same sensitivity to the solar
       wind that causes their dust clouds and gasses to blow
       away from the Sun.
           ZetaTalk[TM]

In article <6ijesk$aif@news.Hawaii.Edu> Dave Tholen writes:
> By the way, cometary nuclei are not micron sized.  The
> solar wind will succeed in repelling a micron-sized dust
> particle in the tail, but your argument was about the
> kilometer-sized nuclei.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
This is illogic.  A force can affect a small object but not a large?
And why is that?  Your gravity calculations, your formulas, inverse
square, etc., apply EQUALLY to all objects of whatever mass.  For the
object, it does not know small or large, per you, the pull on it is
equivalent to its mass!  Thus, the pull is equally effective on a small
or large object, per you.

Likewise, the solar wind affects large objects as well as small ones.
The reason small objects, such as dust, are pushed away more than the
large object of the nucleus is not due to size, but due to the relative
pull of gravity versus the surface area presented by the nucleus.  The
nucleus has mass in its center PROTECTED from the solar wind, where the
dust has scarsely any mass not directly in contact with solar wind.
The effect of the solar wind eats into the surface, created a push
outward, a minor explosion, in fact, which affects the thin surface of
the dust particle but barely erodes the surface of the nucleus.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])

In article <6ijf8f$aif@news.Hawaii.Edu> Dave Tholen writes:
> Pluto orbits the barycenter of our Solar System, treating the Sun
> and the other eight planets as a single element.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Who says?  This doesn't even compute!  If that were the case, it would
wibble-wobble all over the place, as the other planets are NEVER in a
consistent pattern, all having their own orbits and pace.  Will you say
anything, to justify one of your silly theories?
(End ZetaTalk[TM])