link to Home Page

Re; Zacharia Sitchin

Article: <6hafu6$ne1@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re; Zacharia Sitchin
Date: 18 Apr 1998 15:13:10 GMT

In article <1998041805104900.BAA17538@ladder03.news.aol.com> Randomity
writes:
> Could someone please present me with a cogent argument either
> in support of or against the concept of a 12th planet with a 3,600
> year elliptical orbit.

The second best argument is in the written and oral history of cultures
around the world, evidence that they have EXPERIENCED such periodic
upheavals, in 3,600 periods, approximately.  Velikovsky has collected
and presented many of these in his book Worlds in Collision.  Where
many attack the messenger, throwing all Velikovsky's insights out when
fault can be found with anything he said, these written records he
quotes were NOT done by him, and stand on their own merits.  For
instance:

Excerpts from Worlds in Collision, by Velikovksy, pp 127-128, The
Shadow of Death .. follows ..

If the eruption of a single volcano can darken the atmosphere over the
entire globe, a simultaneous and prolonged eruption of thousands of
volcanoes would blacken the sky.  Volcanoes vomit water vapor as well
as cinders. Following the cataclysm, the author of Codex Chimalpopoca,
in his history of the suns, shows us terrifying celestial phenomena ..
followed by darkness that covered the face of the earth, in one
instance for a period of 25 years.

In the Ermitage Papyrus in Leningrad .. there are lamantations about a
terrible catastrophe, when heaven and earth turned upside down.  After
this catastrophe darkness covered the earth.  The "shadow of death" is
related to the time of the wandering in the desert after the Exodus
from Egypt.  The sinister meaning of the words "shadow of death"
corresponds with the description of the Ermitage Papyrus: "None can
live when the sun is veiled by clouds."

The phenomenon of gloom enduring for years impressed itself on the
memory of the Twelve Tribes and is mentioned in many passages in the
Bible.  Psalms 44:19 - "The people that walked in darkness .. in the
land of the shadow of death."