link to Home Page

Re: LONG ELLIPSE ORBITS

Article: <5hglg9$mvj@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: LONG ELLIPSE ORBITS
Date: 28 Mar 1997 14:44:25 GMT

In article <5h4dgo$cac$4@calvin.risq.qc.ca> Greg Neill writes:
>> You're admitting that the curve is not retained for the
>> HORIZONTAL motion of the decathlon disc, but claim that
>> it is retained for the VERTICAL motion of the disc. Huh!
>> The reason the vertical goes up and then down is because
>> it's directly parallel to the surface of the Earth, with an even
>> gravitational tug to its SIDE. A comet heading out of the
>> Solar System has the Sun to its BACK. What influence,
>> way out in space, does it have then to make a sideways motion?
>> Nancy (saquo@ix.netcom.com)
>
> No curve is "retained". It is the result of acting forces. You
> are correct that the vertical curve of the discus is due to the
> action of gravitation. You are incorrect in stating that "a
> comet heading out of the Solar System has the Sun to its back".
> ynecgan@cmc.doe.ca (Greg Neill)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
You've contradicted yourself here, Greg! No horizontal curve is retained during the decathlon disc toss, but a curve IS retained when the comet heads out into space? Draw a simple diagram on paper of a long period orbit as seen from above the Solar System. As the comet passes the Sun it is in a tight curve. As it leaves the Solar System it is moving more slowly, and the tight curve has become almost a straight line. Draw a line from that comet DIRECTLY to the Sun, to represent the draw of gravity that your laws of gravity claim exists DIRECTLY between objects. Follow this line as the comet leaves on the path it is on, moving outwards and away almost exclusively, with a decreasing curve.

Now, when the gravity draw is diminishing greatly, WHY would the comet suddenly decide it had to move sideways? What force would cause this? If a curve is NOT retained, and the gravity draw is to return the comet DIRECTLY to the Sun, why move sideways? We are asking rhetorical questions, as we know the answer and have diagrammed the true orbit on the web, but are fascinated with the hundreds of times humans will refuse to come to grips with the errors in their logic when it means upbraiding one of their gods, such as Newton.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])

That orbit solution is on the ZetaTalk web site at:
http://www.zetatalk.com/science/s50.htm