link to Home Page

Re: Nancy and DejaNews

Article: <5hbi3a$3i@sjx-ixn10.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Nancy and DejaNews
Date: 26 Mar 1997 16:15:38 GMT

In article <3331E320.3804@sc.hp.com> Chris Franks writes:
> We know we are looking at the same thing. It has always
> been the same thing.
> Chris Franks <cfranks@sc.hp.com>

1.the size has changed from 10 times Halley's comet in 1995 to 3-4 times Halley's and this only reasonable if it is at a distance away at the present time and the distance away appears to be incorrect due to the ion tail angle
2.the brightness changed from 250 times Halley's comet in 1995 to a comparative dim bulb
3.the supposed outgassing which created a cloud 2.5 km across in 1995 has reduced to a tiny tail
4.supposed fragmenting in 1995 where chunks of the nucleus were breaking off has ceased.
5.the orbit of 4,200 miles has been changed to 2,380 miles just this month (the newspapers are still reporting the 4,200 orbit period)

Same thing? Get real!