link to Home Page

Re: IN SYMPATHY to the Hale-Bopp Cooperative

Article: <5grk26$c7u@dfw-ixnews11.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: IN SYMPATHY to the Hale-Bopp Cooperative
Date: 20 Mar 1997 15:11:02 GMT

In article <erkyrathE764L1.G1J@netcom.com> Andrew Plotkin writes:
>> It is NOT what was advertised and pointed to in 1995. It
>> is NOT what folks were advised to track through Sagittarius
>> in late 1995. It is NOT what folks were struggling to see in
>> early 1996, nor the brief alignment of a comet in June-July
>> of 1996. It is NOT the many star clusters that the Hale-Bopp
>> orbit was aligned with during its twists and turns that broke
>> all the rules of Orbital Elements and have never been
>> explained by JPL. And it will prove NOT to be what has been
>> billed for Hale-Bopp at perihelion.
>> ZetaTalk[TM]
>
> Nancy was always one of my favorite parts, though. I was
> curious what she'd be saying when HB became naked-eye visible,
> yea, even to astronomically illiterate people in cities. (Like me.)
> erkyrath@netcom.com (Andrew Plotkin)

In fact, ZetaTalk never SAID a comet would not appear. ZetaTalk on the Hale-Bopp topic is broken into 16 topics to date, each dated and addressing what the fraud was AT THAT TIME. I went though and systematically selected ANYTHING that addressed a real comet or could be inferred to be addressing what would appear at this time. Those statements are below. The open question on the very real comet we are viewing now - is this the same comet that we were supposed to be tracking all this time? The orbit period changed from 4,200 years to 2,380, suddenly! The size is nothing like what was being purported in 1995. And whatever happened to chunks of it falling off and pinwheel clouds of volatiles?

[ZetaTalk dated August 6, 1995]
The Hale-Bopp comet does not exist. It is a fraud, perpetrated by those who would have the teeming masses quiescent until it is too late. Hale-Bopp is nothing more than a distant star, and will draw no closer. Such is the choice for this fraud that its characteristics cannot be affirmatively proven until some time has passed. Is it a distant exploding star? Can't say. Is it moving? Can't say for sure. Is it drawing nigh? Can't say. All is speculation. As time passes, just as with the Roswell autopsy tapes, the foundation of these claims will be eroded. By 1996 or 1997, the supposed arrival time of Hale-Bopp, the truth will be well known.

Note: speaking about the Hale-Bopp the nova in 1995, and saying the fraud will be well known by this time.

[ZetaTalk dated June 17, 1996]
Take a check on where all these almost daily changes in the ephemerides are leading, astronomers of the world, as they are leading right to where a face saving comet that's a real comet is coming from. They plan to hide Hale-Bopp behind a real comet, but this is not possible if sufficient questions are asked about this constantly changing orbit. What comet, ever, has had this kind of manipulation in its orbit?

Note: they plan to hide Hale-Bopp behind a real comet.

[ZetaTalk dated November 24, 1996]
Why all the Hale-Bopp touters are finding they have "no time" to put pictures on their web sites or have to go fishing or whatever. Who's going to be left in the end? Probably the illusive and reclusive PI who holds the Hubble pictures. We must all wait a year to find out why Hale-Bopp didn't show as expected. Alas, he's probably going to take these pictures to his mountain cabin and have a fire!

Note: why Hale-Bopp didn't show as expected.

[ZetaTalk dated December 1, 1996]
Along the way they have also lined their fraud up with star clusters and when the orbit was in the comet belt, with faint peripheral comets that JPL and NASA spied with their equipment. A point we made in June 20 of this year and posted on this message board. This is why at times Hale-Bopp has actually seemed like a comet, on rare occasions.

Note: and when the orbit was in the comet belt, with faint peripheral comets that JPL and NASA spied with their equipment.