link to Home Page

Re: TUNGUSKA

Article: <5fspov$cci@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: TUNGUSKA
Date: 8 Mar 1997 22:38:23 GMT

In article <5fq9fc$tce@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:
>> Methane is a component of natural gas. If methane gas is
>> trapped under the permafrost in one place due to rotting
>> vegetation, then this would be true of the whole area. And
>> something causing the permafrost to fracture, such as an
>> earthquake or earth movement, would affect MANY spots
>> that would hiss gas.
>> saquo@ix.netcom.com
>
> No one is saying methane is not explosive. What we're
> saying is that the Tunguska explosion was a VERY BIG
> explosion, on the order of a thousand Hiroshima's worth of
> explosive energy. This didn't just level a small house (how
> much TNT would it take to level a house - a few grams?), it
> leveled 2000 square kilometers of forest and knocked witnesses
> 20+ kilometers away off of their feet. Its shock wave was
> registered on meteorological stations as it traveled TWICE
> around the globe.
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Hiroshima was an unnatural explosion, one man encouraged, but the explosions that nature arranges can be far more devastating. Take a sun going nova, for instance. Bigger than Hiroshima? You should have more respect for Mother Nature, as she's about to show you another example of what you're under-rating, in late spring of 2003.

To help you picture this, we'll paint a picture you can perhaps relate to. You're resisting because you don't want to think in terms of the crust of your Earth skidding along like rafts on an ocean of semi-liquid magma. You have no CONTROL in this situation. Denial is much more comfortable. So we'll paint a picture that is hypothetical, looks to the future rather than the past, a past you have clear evidence OCCURRED, and thus we're getting mental resistance here. This picture would be in the future, a possible pole shift happening in 2003, and the aftermath.

CHAPTER 1: 2003 arrives, and the 12th Planet bombs through the Solar System, roaring up between the Earth and the Sun at a 32 degree angle and forcing the diminutive Earth to act as the lesser magnet, moving her North Pole AWAY from the 12th Planet's North Pole. Thus the Atlantic Ocean off the bulge of Brazil gets moved to where the geographic North Pole is. This is not a 180 degree turn, but the 12th is passing as this occurs and the turn is in essence incomplete, plus the crust breaks from the magma and does not make the full turn due to lagging behind the core.

CHAPTER 2: As a result of all the plates slamming into each other when the crust STOPS, weak points in the Earth's crust, such as volcanoes, give way and volcanic dust is spewing in huge amounts into the atmosphere. The volcanoes in the Caribbean, and many not even recognized as volcanoes, violently explode, moving the ash along with the prevailing westerlies. As the geography has now moved, this is passed over the now freezing bulge ofBrazil and deposited. Huge amounts of water picked up by the hurricane winds that accompany the shift deluge everywhere, soaking this ash. The ash freezes solid, several feet thick.

CHAPTER 3: A few thousand years pass. Down under the permafrost there are layers of garbage from the buried Amazon. Swamps, grasses, muck, trees, dead animals and fish - the jungle is rotting away in its burial chamber close to the warmth of the Earth's core, down under the cap of ice. Hundreds of square miles of dead vegetation and animal matter, like a continuous landfill of smelly wet garbage several feet deep, is turned into what nature does with rotting matter - methane gas. Consider how much methane gas that tiny bit of vegetation and animal matter you EAT each day produces, and that did not completely decompose as it was quickly digested!

CHAPTER 4: An earthquake occurs, one that creates a single crack that extends across hundreds of miles, right across the top of a dome of methane gas that has been accumulating, as where else would the gas go? It's light, it rises to the top of the dome, and there it sits, accumulating in its moist burial chamber. Gas the equivalent of ALL the natural gas being piped about in the US at any given time rapidly hisses out into the atmosphere, mixing with the heavier air as it rises. A spark anywhere in this cloud would START an explosion, but this happens in the upper atmosphere, where a wisp of methane has been stretched out like a wick. This travels back rapidly, setting off burning methane that appears bluish at a distance, but where the mixture of methane and air is just right for RAPID burning, it causes an explosion.

Now, does that feel better? Can you discuss THIS scenario without needing to go for a walk, Jim? By the way, this is just likely to happen, but it's in the future so can be denied more readily than Tunguska. Fantasy, if you need to call it that to stay warm and fuzzy.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])