link to Home Page

Re: 12th Planet - any photos ?

Article: <5fsq4e$clq@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: 12th Planet - any photos ?
Date: 8 Mar 1997 22:44:30 GMT

In article <3320BB63.8C1@sc.hp.com> Chris Franks writes:
> If the object's orbit is not eccentric, (path is a circle), its
> speed is constant at all places along its path. The more
> that its orbit is eccentric, the faster it moves at the two
> ends of greatest curvature, and the slower it moves when
> its path curves the least.
> Chris Franks <cfranks@sc.hp.com>

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Ah, you've mentioned a point we'd like to address. You believe that the comet, far out in space (whether you call this within your Solar System or not), now SPEEDS UP AND ZIPS AROUND A CURVE in order to make its return trip around the Sun. We've been having endless problems getting anyone to explain what force influences it to institute a curve way out there, so maybe we can get you to address the issue of increased speed.

Why does it speed up, out there?
(End ZetaTalk[EM])