link to Home Page

Re: TUNGUSKA

Article: <5fd6gj$qai@dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: TUNGUSKA
Date: 3 Mar 1997 00:37:39 GMT

In article <3318D1AF.2F8A@netusa1.net> Jim Spalding writes:
>> This was the same shift that moved Greenland south of the
>> North Pole region, and accounts for the massive amount of
>> ice that is still atop Greenland's.
>> ZetaTalk[TM]
>
> Your post is not only uninformed, but a great example of
> plagiarism. The idea of the North Pole shift is not original
> to you. I have read a book where the author expounds this
> idea as an explanation for the Mastodon freezing .. about
> 10,000 or more B.C.
> spalding's <jimspald@netusa1.net>

Well give me the author and I'll be happy to refer to him whenever this comes up again. Wasn't Velikovsky, was it? I quote him like crazy. I guess since someone in antiquity noticed the Earth goes around the Sun, we should all be giving this guy credit anytime the weather man mentions the Sun rising, right? "And now, the morning weather report. The Sun rose again, in accordance with a theory first promulgated by ... " And since Columbus thought he discovered America, all the travel agencies should be giving mention of Columbus anytime they mention the Amercias, right? "I could book you on a plane for New York Thursday, on flight .. oh, by the way, we know about America as it was a theory of Columbus which proved true .. lets see, flight number, um, where was I .." Its a rather obvious conclusion, based on rather obvious facts.

In article <3318D1AF.2F8A@netusa1.net> Jim Spalding writes:
> Your idea would have to answer a lot of questions to become
> a theory, for example:
> 1. How MUCH METHANE is required to cause the flattening
> of all those trees?
> 2. Why didn't all that burning methane start a massive forest
> fire, instead of just knocking them all down?
> 6. Why haven't any residual traces of the methane been found?
> spalding's <jimspald@netusa1.net>

1. go ask a manager of a land fill what would happen if they didn't VENT THEIR LANDFILLS.
2. a look at the pictures shows that the branches and needles were blown off the trees, which look like so many sticks. In addition, fire is hot and rises.
6. residual traces of methane? Its the same thing your FARTS are made of! Thank God there aren't any residual traces! :-)