link to Home Page

Re: TUNGUSKA

Article: <5f1h71$7m9@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: TUNGUSKA
Date: 26 Feb 1997 14:26:41 GMT

In article <33135EBF.7A08@sc.hp.com> Chris Franks writes:
> ZetaTalk[TM writes:
>> Super heated rock and metal, which is what meteors are
>> composed of, BECOMES MOLTEN. The core of your
>> Earth is molten and hotter than temperature a dropping
>> meteor would experience, does your Earth explode, vaporize,
>> as you say?
>
> Just like ice melts and then can turn to steam, so can metal and
> rock melt and then turn to vapor. We deposit metal vapor on
> quartz to make accurate clocks here every day.

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
What you are calling vaporization is simply the normal movement of unbound atoms into less crowded areas. Ice in the coldest climes "vaporizes" whether the Sun warms the surface or not, simply by the passage of air across the surface. Thus you can deposit a thin layer of metal by superheating it and conducting a gaseous vehicle over it that allows metal atoms to more easily lift and move to a different location. Hot lava boiling onto the surface of the Earth or into the sea loses much of itself in the form of dust or tiny particles too, but this DOES NOT OCCUR in the center of the Earth, where the opportunity does not arise. Likewise, the center of a meteor, whether heated or not, reacts to its immediate environment.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])

In article <33135EBF.7A08@sc.hp.com> Chris Franks writes:
> ZetaTalk[TM] wrotes:
>> 1. the air is more mobile
>
> No, it has inertia, and cannot get out of the way in 2 seconds.
> Maximum winds on Earth are about 240 mph.
> Chris Franks <cfranks@sc.hp.com>
>
>> 2. the air is lighter, less dense
>
> But there are almost 15 pounds of air covering every square
> foot of earth.
>
>> 3. the air can be compressed, as your industries that use
>> compressed air well know
>
> After a few hundred pounds per square inch, so much heat is
> generated that we don't go any higher. If you compress a
> column of air 30 miles high down to 1 mile high, you can't
> go much further. The air will act like steel.
>
>> 4. the air can distribute any compression rapidly, since it is
>> in essence out in the open
>
> The air in the middle of your 4-mile across area will be trapped.
> Even if it could squish out toward the edges at 500 miles per
> hour, it could only go about 1200 feet in the 2 seconds it takes
> the asteroid to travel from 30 miles up to 1 mile up
> Chris Franks <cfranks@sc.hp.com>

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
You have all these finites, lining up like steel soldiers, flanking your logic. Lets look at them one by one and see how easily they fall down.

  1. Are you stating that your meteor, made of rock and metal, is more mobile than the air? You have a finite that air on your planet moves no faster than 240 mph. Says who? Says the humans who have not experienced a faster air flow, and lived to talk about it! Your winds are a factor of the pressures that create them, and the movement of air it takes to relieve the pressure! Plonk! One steel soldier down.
  2. Are you having a meteor butting into a column of air miles high as it moves through the air, a total of 15 pounds per foot? Is this what your airplanes experience? Air is an immovable object? Object moving through the atmosphere pushes the air immediately in front of it into the vast areas to the side and BEHIND the meteor. A vacuum is being created behind the meteor, which air can rush into. Thud! Another steel soldier down.
  3. How is air to become so compressed that it would equal hundred of pounds per square inch, when all around it is only 15 pounds per square foot? Is it catatonic? Is it dumbstruck and in shock? Does it have to ask permission? It MOVES! Whomp. Another steel soldier down.
  4. You are assuming in this drama that the meteor does not slow down, and your atmosphere must adapt to this speed. Nevermind that ALL your experience with the normal motion of objects is to the contrary. When you fall into water, what happens? Your speed continues unabated? The water vaporizes? Boom, last steel soldier down.

Stop putting up barriers and just THINK about this for a minute, Chris. Tunguska was caused by a large volume of methane gas, from the same decomposing grasses that the mastodons ate when Siberia was positioned in a warmer latitude, prior to the last pole shift. Wet volcanic dust froze when this area became a polar region, trapping the methane gas. This is the same mechanism that is creating unexplained flashes in your atmosphere of late, which some witnesses take to be airplane explosions.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])