link to Home Page

Re: Tholen Caught DOCTORING Hale-Bopp Images!

Article: <5euvni$881@dfw-ixnews7.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Tholen Caught DOCTORING Hale-Bopp Images!
Date: 25 Feb 1997 15:16:02 GMT

In article <5ejgir$kta@news.Hawaii.Edu> David Tholen writes:
>>> The original FITS images are available on our web site
>>> (www.ifa.hawaii.edu), if anyone wants to see the raw data.
>>> tholen@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu
>
>> Um, so which one of the original FITS images had the
>> thumbnail impression in it?
>> saquo@ix.netcom.com
>
> All three show the same cometary features, Nancy. None
> show any evidence of tampering.
> tholen@galileo.ifa.hawaii.edu

Dave, that doesn't answer the question. If the thumbnail impression, a DARK CURVE, appears near what is supposed to be Hale-Bopp, over a year ago (when the public was supposed to be relying upon and trusting the major observatories to give them pictures), as pointed out by Dr. Rath at

http://www.pe.net/~minnie/drath.html

Then that curve must appear on ONE of the FITS images! Which one does it appear on? If not, then where did it come from?

By the way, even the Washington Post is talking about this issue. (Please note, readership, that neither I or the Zetas think that the mythical Hale-Bopp has a companion, as both are a fraud perp'd on the public. If images can be tampered with to remove a mythical companion, then they can be tampered with to insert a mythical Hale-Bopp.) The Washington Post online news service states:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/
Talk Radio's Comet Caper
Sunday's February 23, 1996

Like many stories cycling in the late-night cosmos, this one isn't over. The newest wave of arguments: that it was the University of Hawaii Institute for Astronomy that perpetrated the fraud, ...