link to Home Page

Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW

Article: <5es8cn$fii@sjx-ixn6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW
Date: 24 Feb 1997 14:25:27 GMT

In article <MPG.d7a34fb322ba268989684@news.connect.ab.ca> Paul Campbell writes:
> Nancy has made several claims that Hale-Bopp's orbital
> elements will force an occultation with Gamma Andromeda
> at perihelion. Please note, we are talking about the orbital
> elements, not the actual comet, as Nancy says the actual
> comet does not exist. To date orbital elements still do not
> have the comet occulting Gamma And.
> scopedr@connect.ab.ca (Paul Campbell)

I was pleased to see that after the Zetas pointed out this trend, the trend reversed. At that time the Zetas pointed out several obvious manipulations that were being made with the Hale-Bopp orbit, which as Paul has pointed out were not the actual comet (which did not exist) but the orbit points announced by NASA et al. The manipulations were all demonstrated with the 11/95 orbit published by the IAU, the 02/22/96 orbit published by NASA, the 05/28/96 orbit published by JPL, and the 06/27/96 orbit published by JPL. I've included a copy of these orbital elements or RA and Dec equivalent by date if so published given by these bodies. These can be gotten from the web site links off the page at:

http://www.zetatalk.com/halebopp/hb000001.htm

The manipulations the Zetas fingered were:

1. OCCULT GAMA ANDROMEDAE - the orbits steadily moved where the mythical Hale-Bopp would be positioned at perihelion TOWARDS an occultation with Gamma Andormedae, in both RA and Dec. I'll replicate the original sci.astro posting calling this to the public's attention following this post, but it can also be found on the web at:

http://www.zetatalk.com/halebopp/hb000033.htm

2. FLARE AT PERIHELION - where the orbit manipulations didn't make dramatic changes where the mythical comet was at the present moment (so as not to raise eyebrows), but DID dramatically change where the orbit would place the orbit at perihelion! I'll replicate the original sci.astro posting calling this to the public's attention following this post, but it can also be found on the web at:

http://www.zetatalk.com/halebopp/hb000034.htm

3. ZIG-ZAG ORBIT - where the orbit to create an occultation of Gamma Andromedae at perihelion required the orbit to have Hale-Bopp first zig TOWARD Jupiter, then Zag AWAY. I'll replicate the original sci.astro posting calling this to the public's attention following this post, but it can also be found on the web at:

http://www.zetatalk.com/halebopp/hb000035.htm

4. PERTURB AWAY FROM JUPITER - where the orbit to create an occultation of Gamma Andromedae at perihelion required the orbit to have Hale-Bopp perturb AWAY from Jupiter. I'll replicate the original sci.astro posting calling this to the public's attention following this post, but it can also be found on the web at:

http://www.zetatalk.com/halebopp/hb000036.htm