link to Home Page

Re: IN SYMPATHY to the Hale-Bopp Cooperative

Article: <5enqcs$2kv@sjx-ixn2.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: IN SYMPATHY to the Hale-Bopp Cooperative
Date: 22 Feb 1997 22:02:04 GMT

This debate has been cross-posted to sci.astro.amateur, sci.astro.planetarium, sci.space.news, and alt.paranormal as CNN did not choose to list sci.astro among the Usenet sites where information on Hale-Bopp could be located. Check

http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword900.htm

for the sci.astro debate thread history.

In article <5elgn5$af6@news.ccit.arizona.edu>
>> 8. carefully doctored the STORY LINE TO BE PARSED
>> OUT from the half dozen major observatories around the
>> world, and the dozen or so independent astronomers who
>> would give the story the appearance of being egalitarian.
>>
>> 9. released images of the nova taken by the Hubble, but
>> burried any further threat of exposure of the game plan being
>> played out by CONSIGNING ALL FURTHER HUBBLE
>> PICTURES to a single trustworthy individual, a Principle
>> Investigator.
>
> Your so called nova pictures taken by HST look an awful
> lot like a comet to me. And there are not just one principle
> investigator - there are going to be many by the time HB
> heads back out into the far reaches of space.
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
Proof that the story line was parsed out to the major observatories can be found in the fact that in those early days they were all reporting the comet head TO BE SOMETHING DIFFERENT. Regardless of how you try to explain away their public statements, if their verbiage and images BOTH are referring to a dark place, a coma around a dark place, a bright spot, etc., when they were talking about THE COMET HEAD, then they have recorded for us dramatically that they were to ASSUME the nova was a comet and do the best they could with the story line. Just failed to coordinate properly, as no one expected ZetaTalk to begin picking this apart!

Just why DID NASA consign exclusive rights of something the public has PAID for to a Principle Investigator that has hidden them for a year! Did he pay for this? He got this for FREE. Is there any logic in hiding data from scientists? NONE! Why should a PI be allowed first crack at data that others are excluded from, when this data was not DEVELOPED AT HIS EXPENSE? This is the rationale for data being withheld during research, that the institutes backing the scientists spent their own money to secure the data! Did Hal Weaver or his institution, Harvard, spend a penny to put the Hubble up in the sky?
(End ZetaTalk[TM])

This multiple story line is documented in Troubled Times at

http://www.zetatalk.com/halebopp/hb000001.htm