link to Home Page

Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW (1-6)

Article: <5ebbla$li@dfw-ixnews11.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW (1-6)
Date: 18 Feb 1997 04:36:58 GMT

In article <5e8fn1$qn4@news.ccit.arizona.edu> Jim Scotti writes:
>> Are we to assume that it was OUTGASSING in exactly the
>> same places that the parent nucleus was outgassing from?
>> Would not the broken side, of both the parent and child,
>> have LESS outgassing, at least for a time, to preclude
>> that scenario?
>
> No, the fragment and the parent are two separate bodies with
> regions including that where they were joined, outgassing.
> They spin at different rates and orientations and the effective
> non-gravitational accelerations caused the outgassing causes
> them to drift apart.
> jscotti@LPL.Arizona.EDU (Jim Scotti)

What's this, honesty from a Hale-Bopp fan? I didn't think the two went together. Then explain what started this debate thread. I'll repost. Note, the "chunk" DOES NOT SEPARATE in spite of the violent outgassing going on, pinwheels and all.

In article Article: <5dvfr6$k5m@dfw-ixnews10.ix.netcom.com>, below, my ISSUES and a quote from a questioning web site.

ISSUE 3: The supposed fragmentation that the Hale-Bopp fraud was undergoing in late 1995, causing chunks of the nucleus to break off, has now stopped. Is this the way fragmenting comets behave? Out past Jupiter they outgas and fragment and when close to the sun, stop this activity? Isn't this backward?

ISSUE 4: Why doesn't the supposed fragmented chunk of the nucleus ever separate? In fact, the description of what was supposed to be the Hale-Bopp comet in1995 perfectly fits the description of a nova, with the rapid expansion and then quick fading, the swirling pinwheels and all.

http://www.pe.net/~minnie/shechinah.html

What is the Truth?

The following hypothesis is based upon several months of pouring over numerous documents. Most were found on the WWW and available to all who have access to this medium. There are links within this document to find most of the information. Check it out for yourself.

... Then came the announcement of HaleBopp in mid 1995. ...

The first important picture (fig 2), which I refer to as the "pinwheel", was taken by the space telescope Hubble (HST) in October of '95. ... Now take your compass or engineering ruler and measure from the bottom bright spot around and down to your left, this time following the center of the spiral (the relatively dark area, above the two spots and that passes below them). You'll quickly notice that the spiral, or rather the material making up the spiral DOES NOT EXPAND. Note: If this were a so called "CHUNK" as JPL initially stated, the material would move away from what they refer to as the nucleus(which they say is the lower bright spot), it wouldn't spiral away, it would move straight away and it could be easily visualized by HST. But surprise it doesn't move away. Not even at the speed of 68 miles an hour! (JPL's estimate). And by the way, there hasn't been one image of this so-called CHUNK at any distance from HaleBopp by any telescopes.