link to Home Page

Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW (1-6)

Article: <5e58l1$hus@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Hale-Bopp THEN and NOW (1-6)
Date: 15 Feb 1997 21:08:49 GMT

In article: <01bc1ad3$ef047680$c24f22cf@scopedr.connect.ab.ca>
Paul Campbell writes:
>> ISSUE 3: The supposed fragmentation that the Hale-Bopp
>> fraud was undergoing in late 1995, causing chunks of the
>> nucleus to break off, has now stopped. Is this the way
>> fragmenting comets behave? Out past Jupiter they outgas
>> and fragment and when close to the sun, stop this activity?
>> Isn't this backward?
>
> So we now see that Hale-Bopp has undergone drastic changes.
> It should be noted that pieces have come off of comets before
> with no E.T.'s landing. Even more remarkable is the fact that
> something that is not there as Nancy claims can undergoe these
> changes.
> "Paul Campbell" <scopedr@connect.ab.ca>

Paul, in those days, the 1995 days, what was being called Hale-Bopp was a nova THAT DID EXIST. It just wasn't a comet! Thereafter what folks have been calling Hale-Bopp is whatever happened to be in the sky where the orbit was tracking. Unmapped stars, black space, which explains why folks sometimes saw it, sometimes didn't, and were reporting such different appearances and magnitudes that one would think that Hale-Bopp was a quick change artist, not a comet! Nevertheless, the sheep of sci.astro continued to go baaaa.