link to Home Page

Re: PERTURBATIONS - the Zetas Explain

Article: <5dcqbb$icb@sjx-ixn4.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: PERTURBATIONS - the Zetas Explain
Date: 6 Feb 1997 14:37:31 GMT

In article <32E508F3.3847@rim.net> Kent Nickerson writes:
> Nancy, I've rebutted your geometric arguments in my posts
> a few weeks ago. They are there for anybody to look up.
> Even after all this time, I've nothing to add to them.
> Kent Nickerson <knickerson@rim.net>

I went back and located the argument Kent referred to, which the Zetas argued was a description, not an explanation, not did it address the geometric argument the Zetas laid out on sci.astro. Below, what Kent claims is a rebuttal, and further below, the what the Zetas pointed to. Kent DID NOT address the issue.

In article <32B8855D.678D@rim.net> on December 20, 1996 Kent Nickerson writes:
> An object in orbit around a body will want to continue on a
> tangent to the orbit (inertia), but will fall (gravitation) toward
> the object it orbits. An orbit has a tangent path which recedes
> from the orbited body as fast as the orbited body pulls the orbiter
> towards itself (an equilibrium between inertia and gravitiational
> attraction). It's like the orbiter is falling all the time, but the
> surface of the orbited body is receding just as fast (for a
> circular orbit).
> Kent Nickerson <knickerson@rim.net>

(Begin REPEAT of ZetaTalk[TM] on Perturbations)
The gravity tug is not strictly a sideways tug, as in all cases the planet's path is pointed AWAY from the sun, however slightly. For any given instant moment:

  1. draw a line representing the planet's straight line path,
  2. draw a second line representing the path the planet is being set upon by the gravity tug,essentially a second tangent to the sun,
  3. the angle between these two lines is the degree of BACKWARD TUG that the planet is experiencing.

(End REPEAT of ZetaTalk[TM] on Perturbations)