link to Home Page

Re: Orbital Elements for the 12th Planet

Article: <5d0tnv$nlb@dfw-ixnews8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Orbital Elements for the 12th Planet
Date: 2 Feb 1997 02:21:51 GMT

In article <5ct01u$ina$1@news.sas.ab.ca> Paul Campbell states:
> So now your straight line path that you've been shouting about
> is curved is it? Need I remind you that in several places you
> stated that the incoming 12th planet is heading straight at us
> until it approaches "passage". ... Or how about the drawing
> you have at
>
> http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03g.htm
>
> That shows the path of the 12th planet as seen from the side of
> the solar system. During the outer reaches of your diagram you
> show a straight line up until it gets close to the solar system.
> Furthermore that line is 11 degrees below the ecliptic. Having
> concluded that you've unambiguously established that the 12th
> planet is right now heading at us in a straight line, are you now
> changing your story so that it is on a curved line? If so you are
> seriously contradicting yourself. If not you haven't answered my
> question of why, on your path drawing, are we forced to look near
> the ecliptic during the period of 1998 to 2001 when we should
> be looking 11 degrees south of the ecliptic?
> scopedr@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca ()

Paul, essentially straight and as close to a straight line as 9999999999 something or 1.000000000 something are the same damn thing! It wiggles around a bit as it approaches the Solar System, but when moving between foci, on that long haul, essentially straight. Perhaps this chart will clean things up:

Time Period Angle South Orbit Constellation
8/1996 11 degrees normal left of Orion's shoulder
12/1997 6 degrees normal left of Orion's hand
1998-99 1 degrees retrograde left to right over Orion
3/2003 5 degrees retrograde in Taurus
pre-passage 32 degrees retrograde right of Orion