link to Home Page

Re: Orbital Elements for the 12th Planet

Article: <5cajal$kue@dfw-ixnews4.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Orbital Elements for the 12th Planet
Date: 24 Jan 1997 15:09:09 GMT

In article <32E6C1FB.6EDE@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca> Paul Campbell writes:
> We know from her web page that the planet is approaching
> in a straight line path and is coming towards us from 11
> degrees below the ecliptic.
> @ http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03h.htm
> Extending that line puts the inclination at 11 degrees. We
> also know it is coming from Orion. Once again if we extend
> that line it puts the ascending node at about 190 degrees.
>
> IF we go to Nancy's web page
> @ http://www.zetatalk.com/theword/tword03y.htm
> we see an overhead view of the Earth's orbit as well as
> where the 12th planet crosses the ecliptic. Scaling that drawing
> I come up with a perihelion distance of about .7 AU.
>
> Since we also know that the 12th planet is coming at us from
> Orion and will be leaving us in the direction of Sagittarius we
> know the eccentric must be very high indeed. By trial and error
> I came up with an eccentricity of 10. This puts the incoming
> path from Orion and the exiting path slightly north of Sagittarius,
> in Scutum. Since I'm just worried about the incoming path I'll let
> the eccentricity stand for now until advised by Nancy.
>
> We also know that the date of perihelion should be in May of
> 2003
>
> The argument of perihelion is just a wild guess as no information
> of the tilt of the 12th planets orbit with respect to the ecliptic is
> found anywhere in Nancy's excessive writings. I assumed it was
> 0 degrees and with the eccentricity of 10 puts the inbound path
> as well as the outbound path in reasonable agreement with Nancy's
> statements claims.
>
> To summarize the elements should be something like...
>
> Date of Perihelion 2003 May 1.0000
> Inclination 11
> Perihelion distance .7
> Eccentricity 10
> Node 190
> Argument of Perihelion 0
> Paul Campbell <scopedr@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca>

I realize you're probably only doing this because the long nights and bitter cold of Canada this time of year have you going mad with cabin fever, but I think its sweet of you to do this, Paul. I got all excited and dashed to my Skymap program to try this out and see what came up. However (sigh), I got a message on the Eccentricity of 10. Skymap says "Enter a value between 0 and 2". So I can't confirm or deny your elements.