link to Home Page

Re: RETROGRADE ORBITS - the Zetas Explain

Article: <5bc4g5$14r@sjx-ixn2.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: RETROGRADE ORBITS - the Zetas Explain
Date: 13 Jan 1997 01:52:05 GMT

In article <rbwelchE3vot8.K6x@netcom.com> Robert Welch writes:
>> (Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
>> Draw a line from the Sun through the Earth and on out to a
>> planet such as Jupiter. Both are revolving around the Sun
>> in a clockwise manner as viewed from above the elliptic,
>> up above the North Pole. Yet due to
>
> Uh, no. When viewed from above the ecliptic (up above the
> North Pole) the planets move in a counterclockwise direction
> about the Sun. Whose fault is this error: the source (Zetas) or
> the messenger (Nancy)?
>rbwelch@netcom.com (Robert B. Welch)

Geeze, thanks for pointing this out, Bob. Taken in context, you can see that this was MY fault, a typo, as the concept given is for the Earth to be moving counterclosewise at a faster rate than Jupiter. So glad you caught this, and just as I was going to press with it for the 1/15 update too!

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM] statement in Context)
Astronomers are well aware that the apparent retrograde motion of the outer planets is in fact due to the more rapid orbit of the Earth. Draw a line from the Sun through the Earth and on out to a planet such as Jupiter. Both are revolving around the Sun in a [counter]clockwise manner as viewed from above the ecliptic, up above the North Pole. Yet due to the faster motion of the Earth, Jupiter would appear to be to the left of the Earth, then to the right, and thus appear to be moving left to right around the Sun, a clockwise motion. Bearing in mind that appearances can be deceiving, and just why that is, the following is what humans can expect to observe as the 12th Planet approaches for its periodic passage.
(End ZetaTalk[TM] statement in Context)