link to Home Page

Re: Why we WORSHIP Newton

Article: <5aj98b$mcr@dfw-ixnews6.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Why we WORSHIP Newton
Date: 3 Jan 1997 15:39:55 GMT

In article <5agq2r$bpr@pollux.cmc.doe.ca> Greg Neill writes:
>> Try EXPLAINING what you observe, not just DESCRIBING it.
>> (End ZetaTalk[TM])
>
> Ah, here's the problem. Nancy, you are asking 'why?'.
> In science, you don't ask 'why?' about things you cannot measure.
> ynecgan@cmc.doe.ca (Greg Neill)

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
You don't ask "why"? Yes, that's what we've been saying. In your society you have various strata, power and pay for various positions held. The man who measures packages at the post office, not required to EXPLAIN WHY these procedures are in place whereby he can refuse a package that overall has measurements that exceed 108 inches, does NOT get the same pay as the Post Office manager who must explain WHY to the patrons. The one is considered a dummy just following procedure and NOT THINKING. The manager is expected to THINK, on occasion.

Are you telling me that your vaunted scientists do not THINK?
(End ZetaTalk[TM])