link to Home Page

Re: Why do the planets continue to revolve?

Article: <5aec26$h1m@sjx-ixn8.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Why do the planets continue to revolve?
Date: 1 Jan 1997 18:57:10 GMT

In article <32C7649B.CCB@acs.tamu.edu> Eric Kline writes
> Notice how the drag decreases with decreasing speed. You
> still don't understand that concept. Get a book on aerodynamics
> and try to learn something. Also notice how the friction force
> is dominant. And below about 50 mph drag probally can be
> neglected.
eric kline <emk9267@acs.tamu.edu>

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
You are STILL avoiding the simple statement we made, which is that we are talking about CUMULATIVE DRAG. Do you travel abroad and insist that the waiter adapt to YOUR term for water and bread? If you call bread "mooch" as this is what you called it as a child, and the waiter doesn't bring you "mooch", then he doesn't know what bread is? Egocentric and unable to comprehend a term other than your own?

The cumulative effect of drag is that the object slows down at a faster and faster rate. That was our statement. Try to deal with all that was put into that sentence, at once, dear boy, if you can.
(End ZetaTalk[TM])