link to Home Page

Re: Why do the planets continue to revolve?

Article: <5a8m5t$qh4@sjx-ixn5.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Why do the planets continue to revolve?
Date: 30 Dec 1996 15:13:01 GMT

In article <32C3B076.28A6@acs.tamu.edu> Eric Kline states:
> The frictional force due to the brakes being applied is
> MUCH greater than the aerodynamic drag slowing the truck.
> In this case, the drag can be neglected. The truck simply isn't
> going fast enough for drag to be a major factor.
> eric kline <emk9267@acs.tamu.edu>

(Begin ZetaTalk[TM])
In this case drag can be neglected? So your formulas work except when they don't? Its the brakes that cause the truck to slow unless the brakes are applied and the truck just drifts to a stop. In this case the aerodynamic drag is NOT to be neglected. Do you think like this all the time, Eric, or just when you're trying desperately to counter our statements?
(End ZetaTalk[TM])