link to Home Page

Re: Who (or what) are the "Zetas"?

Article: <59s67m$d28@sjx-ixn2.ix.netcom.com>
From: saquo@ix.netcom.com(Nancy )
Subject: Re: Who (or what) are the "Zetas"?
Date: 25 Dec 1996 21:27:18 GMT

In article <32C15AE0.1D91@cam.org> Achim Recktenwald asks:
> So you actually applied for trademarks and copyrights at the US,
> European, Chinese, and so on Patent Offices?
> Achim Recktenwalk <achim@cam.org>

What, you're planning on stealing my work? Why all the questions on copyright and trademark? Isn't this a bit off-topic for sci.astro? Nevertheless, I expect MYSELF to be chastised for this posting, where Achim will get nary a word said to him. That's the way it goes, here on sic.astro where the shepherds rule.

You and others are not asking these questions on an international message board because you plan to STEAL the material. You're hoping that I'll give my copyright away. Copyright falls to the author unless they explicitly give it away, by law. Scum like yourself are only asking these questions for that reason. Why else? You sneer at ZetaTalk and at the same time are drooling at the mouth wanting to claim their words as your own. Admirable characters, these.

I'll quote from a couple articles:

Legally Online, by Lance Rose, published in April 1995 by Boardwatch magazine, states:

"Lack of a copyright notice often has no bearing on the question, since all works created in the US after 1989 are fully copyrighted regardless of whether they bear a notice."

Big Myths About Copyright Explained, by Brad Templeton, April 28, 1995, posted to news.misc and news.answers usenets, states

"Today almost all nations follow the Berne copyright convention. For example, in the USA, almost everything created privately after April 1, 1989 is copyrighted and protected whether it has a notice or not." and later "Nothing is in the public domain anymore unless the owner explicitly puts it in the public domain. Explicitly, as in you have a note from the author/owner saying [so]".

So, scum bag, stop drooling.